DUAL TOP® - Wet Oxidation for Sludge & Wastewater combined
In addition to our Thin Film Drying technology we aslo implement Dual TOP® - Wet Oxidation: the final treatment technology owned by our sister company 3V Green Eagle.
3V Green Eagle's Dual TOP® - Wet Oxidation technology for sludge and wastewater combined allows the simultaneous treatment of:
3V Green Eagle commenced the implementation of its wet oxidation
technologies in 1990, our treatment processes have received notable
awards and international recognition which include:
- Activated sludge from biological plants in the industrial or civil industry
- Industrial wastewater
- Landfill leachates with high COD levels
- Highly contaminated sediments (marine, fluvial, etc)
- Other liquid or wastewater streams which can be pumped.
TOP® and Dual TOP® technologies were recognized as the "Best Available
Techniques" for Wastewater and Sludge Treatment by the EU-IPPC
Commission in 2006.
Implementation on an Industrial Scale
- 3V Green Eagle is currently
participating in the EU-funded ROUTES project where the effect of
different operating parameters (i.e. temperatures, reaction time, oxygen
dosage) are being investigated on the efficiencies of the TOP® and Dual
TOP® technologies if it were to be scaled on an industrial level. Its
ability to treat different types of sludge is also being studied.
The Dual TOP® technology has the capacity to:
a mix of industrial wastewater, sludge and/or port sediments with a COD
between 20.000 and 100.000mg/L. In addition, it is able to degrade more
than 99.9% of pollutants which are present.
- Reduce the COD of the sludge/water mix up to 85%
- Reduce volatile suspended solids contained in the sludge by 96% to 98%
- Recover heat from the oxidation process to dry the inorganic residue output
more moderate and safer operating conditions, including temperature and
pressure, than those used for the TOP® - Wet Oxidation for wastewater
- Establish a zero discharge process which does not produce any solid waste and no air emissions
TOP® - Wet Oxidation for Sludge technology is able to treat sludge
produced by biological systems at diverse operating conditions.
almost all of the organic fraction which produces a stable, inorganic
material that is rich in calcium and phosphorous. This material can also
be reused as a primary-secondary material. In 2013, our solid residue
obtained the CE mark which allows it to be used as a filler for
bituminous materials and similar matters. Both the CE mark certificate
and the Dual TOP® Process Layout are available for download below.
Therefore, the TOP® - Wet Oxidation for Sludge can be installed at:
- 2-3% in solid, directly following aerobic or anaerobic digestion and sent to TOP® via pipe
- 15-25% in solid, after filterpressing or centrifuging and sent to TOP® via truck or train.
Large municipal facilities in order to treat:
- Sewage sludge produced by large biological plants
- Industrial wastewater produced by industrial areas or point-source industries
Large industrial parks with multiple industries performing wastewater pre-treatment, generating both:
• Large quantities of sludge following physical-chemical-biological treatment; and
• Large quantities of wastewater or off-specification products. The industrial applications of this technology include:
- TOP® - Wet
Oxidation for sludge and wastewater combined technology has been widely
tested on an industrial scale at 3V Green Eagle's facility in
- 3V Tech is in a position to conduct
feasibility studies and provide estimates of set-up and running costs
for customized systems designed to meet its clients' specific
- 3V Tech is also able to offer
Turn-Key plant systems or single process steps of the systems,
integrating, in either case, this new technology with the client's